The first thing John McCain does after walking out and shaking Obama’s hand and go straight to his notepad and write things down… The first thing Obama does is smile and nod… Looks to me that McCain wasn’t prepared for this debate.. reminds me of my days in undergrad when I had an open book/note test and the first thing I do when I sat down was write more down so that I wouldn’t forget.. I guess Leadership isn’t natural to Senator McCain.
Tom Brokaw is an excellent moderator, he is keeping them on the topics and on a time crunch.. he was almost a Time Czar, but it was entertaining to me
Whats the Fastest Best Way to Help Americans Suffering from Economic Crisis?
– Obama’s plan is to regulate executive spending (AIG and their spending spree after the being bailed out), and give aid to the middle class with their own bailout plan
Who would you Appoint as Treasury Secretary?
-Obama, “its not enough to help those at the top, prosperity is not gonna trickle down” He also went on to dicuss McCain’s statement of the economy being fundamentally sound (heard this too many times already), and about how he will give a tax break to 95% of the American people
What in the Bailout Package will Actually Help Americans ?
-McCain had some nerve!! He just assumed that the young Black man (Oliver) didn’t know who Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were before the economic crisis.. how dare him! He needs to ask Sarah palin that same question because there is no doubt that she doesn’t know who Fannie Mae is.. And how about you address the question
-Obama, Thanks for addressing Oliver as if he were an educated individual and explain the bailout package and what affects it may have on the American People. And the bill that McCain talks about is one that he jumped on the bandwagon with.. It was a bill that was a year old before McCain jumped on it, so he needs to give it up as if it were his idea.
How Can We Trust either of you with our money when both parties created this crisis?
– Obama discussed the methodology of Washington and their current spending practices
– Here McCain goes with being a Reformer… and then he talked about Obama not taking on his party, but ummm the administration that has us in this slump is the Republican party… so since Obama is a democrat, doesn’t that mean he is automatically on the reform side? And McCain talks about Obama spending 3 million on a projector for the Planetarium, but your wife spends $3000 on weave, so its relative buddy! And he didn’t answer the question that was asked to him… AT ALL.
What is the highest priority: Prioritizing HealthCare, Entitlements and Energy?
– McCain says that he can do all three at the same time, yet he couldn’t even juggle his campaign during the time of the Bailout plan introduction and even initially decided to skip the first debate.
– Obama 1. Energy 2. healthcare 3. Education… I can see pundits saying that he didn’t talk about entitlements but the question asked him about his highest priority, not to rank the 3 choices..
What Sacrifices will you ask every American to make to ease economic crisis?
– McCain wants to initiate a spending freeze. Bad answer!! That is not a good idea when the nation is going into near depression.
– Obama wants us to consider how we utilize energy, but I didn’t really hear a definitive answer on what he wants us to sacrifice
How would you break America’s bad habit of too much debt and easy credit?
– Obama believes that the next President should set them tone of cautious spending, without literally freezing spending as suggested by McCain
– McCain – I don’t even know what McCain was talking about, but Obama’s facial expression was PRICELESS.. Obama was ready to fight! LOL I love it! McCain is ridiculous and he is a liar because he knows he is all about the rich with children..
Would you give congress a date to reform social security and medicare?
– Tom Brokaw interjected “and healthcare” to McCain when he arrogantly said that he would answer the question (as if Obama didn’t) and yet only mentions Social Security. and McCain gets an attitude… this is showing that McCain is getting frustrated that he sucks and is losing.
What would you do within the first two years as president on the environment ?
McCain -McCain’s idea of green energy is a rave party on Saint Patrick’s Day! And he talks about how he was on board ships with nuclear power. OK I work for the manufacturer of naval nuclear ships and they weren’t around in 1758 when he was in the military
-Obama makes a good point of McCain voting against alternative fuels for the 26 years he has been in Senate.
Should healthcare be treated as a commodity ?
– Obama – yes or no? I really didn’t hear an answer to this question
Define your doctrine for us to use military for humanitarian purposes
– Obama wants to set up military to help in Darfur. Thanks!Finally someone wants to talk about the issues in Darfur, in which there is not enough military force currently to help in the peacemaking process anywhere but in Iraq
– McCain talks about failed attempts of peacemaking, but aren’t we supposed to be bringing peace to Iraq? Sounds a bit backwards to me.
McCain is a liar yet again… he says that his “Bomb bomb bomb Iran” comment was with a veteran friend, but in reality it was in front a group pf veterans and others at a townhall.
What Don’t you know and how will you learn it?
– Both swayed away from answering the question, and decided to talk about their background and how they grew up and the opportunities they received. i wtched the debate on CNN and judging from the meter they had with undecided ohio voters, they liked Obama’s “answer” better.
Obama won the debate, but I didn’t hear anything new in this debate that I havent already from frmo each of the cndidates previously.
Obama is really showing that he is a leader and a teacher. He broke down issues and his solutions so well tonight. He needs to work on generating short concise answers that fully explain his view.. he never could stay under the one minute mark, but he wasn’t talking alot of hot air either…
McCain is rude and condesending and needs to hop off his arrogant bus and learn how to address the issues. Tonight showed his desparation and frustration and he fought through this debate like a loser. When he addressed Obama as “That One” he made a huge mistake and I am glad he made it because we don’t need 4 years of his crap in the office.